Yippie! Finally, the summer has arrived here in Germany and life is mainly outside again. I love this season and look forward to the coming months. Last week we visited our best friends in Leipzig and decided directly to spend a day in nature. As a little snack for in between, we prepared my favorite Italian pasta salad, which tastes super delicious and is easy to make. I’ll share the recipe with you below!
In addition, fresh strawberries and a bottle of Mateus Rosé to toast our engagement with our dear friends. That was beautiful! I love the sparkling Mateus Rosé in summer – so light, fruity and fresh – perfect for mild summer evenings and also the bottle design looks super beautiful. Especially now, when the evenings are longer, there is nothing better than spending time with friends and finishing the day with a delicious summer drink, isn’t there?
Unfortunately, here in Berlin we only have a very small balcony on which it is difficult to sit. Therefore we will spend a lot of time in parks and lakes in the coming summer months. Also beautiful! 🙂
Recipe: The best italian pasta salad
Ingredients for 4 persons:
350g Pasta (I used Farfalle here)
1 handful fresh basil
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
2-3 dried tomatoes
1 yellow pepper
5 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp light balsamic vinegar
1 tsp balsamic vinegar cream
salt, pepper, and Italian spices
1 tbsp yeast flakes
1 tsp mustard
How to prepare the salad:
- First, boil the pasta and then let it cool.
- Cut the garlic cloves and onions into small pieces and sauté briefly until the onions are glassy. Put aside.
- Now cut the cherry tomatoes, salad, dried tomatoes, olives, and paprika into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl. Add the corn.
- Mix the dressing in a separate bowl: Mix olive oil, light balsamic vinegar, balsamic cream, mustard, spices, and yeast flakes. Season with salt and pepper and add the fried onions/garlic. Let the dressing steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Now pour the cold pasta into the bowl, add the dressing, mix well and refrigerate again for 20-30 minutes. Serve with fresh basil.
4 Tips for an amazing day in nature
- Prepare the picnic basket: I always let myself be inspired when it comes to delicious picnic ideas. Pinterest is my first address of call. 🙂 Besides fresh strawberries and raspberries, something hearty should not be missing e.g. delicious sandwiches, vegetable sticks, pasta salad or rosemary potatoes. Drinks must also be taken care of: preferably in a separate cool box. At our picnic, we had our favorite rosé from Mateus with us, lots of mineral water and homemade iced tea… mhmm! 🙂
- Cosiness: Of course you can just take a towel with you – but I personally am a love-in-the-detail person and therefore have a lot of nice picnic blankets at home… hahah. In addition, two pillows and the beautiful wine box that can be converted into a table et voila: the perfect outdoor spot for summery days.
- Music: Can’t be missed. That’s why we always like to have a small box where we can play our favorite summer playlist.
- Games: I love playing games with friends. It’s especially fun to play outdoors right now. My favorites: Skipbo & Codenames.
- Camera: .. to have some amazing memories for your photo album <3
*This post is in friendly collaboration with Mateus Rosé