When this is not your first time on my blog, you already know that I love to have a sweet breakfast. This is still the case, but not every single day. At the moment I always need a little bit of variety and try different savory breakfast ideas, too. Today I would like to show you one of my favorite recipes, which I like to make for breakfast on weekends, or I also like to have for lunch.
Please don’t get me wrong: Scrambled tofu has nothing to do with scrambled eggs and doesn’t taste like it. It only looks similar, hence the name. It consists of only a few ingredients and they are all rich in plant-based proteins and healthy fats. I particularly like it because of its spice, the high content of proteins and because scrambled tofu is so easy to make and needs only a few steps.
I also added baked potatoes, tomatoes, baby spinach and pomegranate seeds to the scrambled tofu. Since you can prepare and store the whole plate very well, this hearty breakfast idea is also great for meal prep.
- 400-500g tofu (preferably a soft variety)
- salt & pepper
- 1,5 tsp turmeric
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp. cashew butter (or almond butter)
- 2 tbsp. sparkling water
- 1.5 tablespoons oil for frying (I like to use coconut oil, rapeseed oil or sunflower oil)
- Tomatoes, pomegranate seeds, avocado and basil leaves for serving
- 5 potatoes
- First, take the tofu out of the packaging and dab the excess liquid with a kitchen towel.
- Then crumble the tofu into a bowl with your hands or fork.
- Now add the garlic, which you can either squeeze in or cut in.
- Mix the tofu with the garlic, salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Now you can prepare the potatoes by quartering them, covering them with a little olive oil and salt and baking them in the oven for 20 minutes until they are golden
- Now mix the nut butter with the sparkling water and some salt and pepper until a creamy mixture is formed
- Put the oil in the pan and fry the tofu mix for 3-4 minutes, then turn off the stove and add the nut butter mix. Stir well so that nothing burns.
- Now you can fill your plate with spinach, tomatoes, potatoes, pomegranate seeds and avocado and add the scrambled tofu.
- If you prefer it simpler, you can also use the tofu as a sandwich topping.