Only 36 days left until Christmas! Unbelievable- but true! The Christmas markets already opened and all the shopping malls hung up their beautiful Christmas decoration and lights. I’m already a little bit into Christmas mood and just can’t wait to spend the holidays together with my beloved family and my friends (and my dog Nala of course!). It’s about time that we think about some gift ideas for our loved ones and write our own wishlist.
Today a new blog series is about to start! In the next couple of weeks before Christmas, I will show you some nice DIY gift ideas which are just perfect for under the Christmas tree. Today I’m starting with a homemade chai syrup which is an amazing gift for all tea and Latte Macchiato lovers (like me)! This chai syrup is super easy to make and tastes delicious! I love to drink it with hot, creamy almond milk or in a strong black tea. You can wrap the bottle with a nice bow and put a nice gift tag on it and you’re homemade DIY Christmas gift is ready! I hope you guys enjoy my new “DIY Christmas gift ideas”-series and I can’t wait to show you my other DIY’s in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!
How to make homemade Chai Syrup
- 300 g fine sugar
- 450 ml water
- 1 Tsp cloves
- 1 Tsp cardamom
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- heat the sugar with the water in a pot and let it boil
- peel the ginger in cut into little pieces
- put the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and the ginger in a little pan and heat it for 2 minutes
- then put all ingredients in the sugar-water and let it cook until it is thick syrup on medium heat
- let the syrup cool down a little and then fill it through a sieve into a glass bottle